Translate

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Autumn flowers

Happy Wednesday!

Here on the West Coast the leaves are starting to turn, but the flowers are still blooming in my garden!  Such a lovely time of year.  To celebrate that here is a cheery autumn-ish card:


The background is made using the faux barn board technique, using a tutorial from SCS.  The images are all Heartfelt Creations stamps and I also used their matching die cuts.

Here is a photo from the side so that you can see the layers of flowers and also what I did with the jar:
For the flowers, I stamped the image, and then the flowers separately, coloured the image, and then cut out the flowers and popped them on with varying levels of pop up dots.  It was quicker than it sounds as I used coloured ink and coloured DP when stamping the flowers to layer, so didn't colour those.

For the Jar, I stamped it twice--once on white cardstock and once on acetate.  Then I layered the flowers in to the middle of the two layers and adhered it all together.  Then I took some old straw stuff and tied that around the rim.  This same straw has previously been used around real jars like this in my kitchen with flowers in it, and originally came in to my home wrapped around a bouquet.  So now we are on use #3 for the same bit of straw!  It's looking a bit battered, but I thought that went with the rest of the card :-)

For the background, I stitched my faux barn board panel on the sewing machine, stamped the sentiment, and then distressed it and the underlayer too.

Stamps/dies used:
Daisy Patch Bouquet PreCut set HCPC 3325
Posy Patch Swirls PreCut set HCPC 3304
Jean Pocket/Ball Can PreCut set HCPC 3307
Daisy Patch Die Cuts HCD703

This card is being entered in to the following challenges:
Paper Sundeas - Use something from your stash (straw ribbon stuff)
The Crazy Challenge - recycle (straw ribbon stuff)
Stamps R Us - nature
If the Shoe fits - orange
Wild Orchid - stitch it up
Stamptacular Sunday - layer it on (there are 5+ layers here!)

38 comments:

  1. This one jumped out at me straight away, I love the image and how you have layer up the flowers. The "battered" straw is perfect and looks brilliant
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous card! Love what you did with the flowers!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats really fabulous, looks like a piece of art more than a card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card love how you stamped the jar on acetate and the faux BG is perfect for this card .

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH!!!! This is gorgeous!! I love the acetate on the jar!! Brilliant. And the background is PERFECT.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!.. beautiful card!.. the flowers are gorgeous!.. and the technique is simply awesome!.. thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous. I just love the whole effect. I am naming "Country Style Vintage" after you. Love it! (Not such a big fan of formal vintage looks)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, Kristina! - the glass jar looks fabulous and the background too! Great layering!
    And since you entered Paper Sundaes challenge - thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this, simple yet elegant and beautiful!!!

    Those flowers look almost real in that jar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI! Kristina, this is a beautiful card! So lovely background, I read with interest as I did not know this technique! And your glass jar is magnificient! great layering. Thank's for playing along with us this week in our Stamptacular Layer-it-on challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! What a gorgeous, dimensional creation! This is gorgeous!!! (I already said that, didn't I?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work, great detail and love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just gorgeous! And so real looking. Thanks for the instructions on how you did the jar and flowers. Very pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, I had to read this twice to make sure it wasn't "wood" paper (like dsp that's wood,lol) absolutely mind boggling wonderful! It's a perfect backdrop to your gorgeous flowers - love the shade of tangerine - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I love your card and all its dimension. Just wonderful! Your explanation of how you did it all is fabulous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!! What a gorgeous card!I got to go check out the tutorial.Thanks for joining us at stamps r us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow,
    you make very lovly karts.

    greatings to Kanada send you Conny

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous card! All the details from the wood paper to the acetate on the jar are just perfect and make it so real looking. Breathtaking, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing work - the layering is wonderful. This project really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is just stunning, and one of my favorites of all the blogs I've checked out this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. FABULOUS! Love the acetate layer idea. Smashing!

    Sharon did a good job with the faux barnboard. Isn't it interesting and fun to make?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous creation.
    Thank you for joining us in The Crazy Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. absolutely fabulous! i'm drooling over this card! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is amazing, i just love it! how clever with the acetate for the jar! wow! Thanks for joining us at If the Shoe fits....SCRAP IT! this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH MY GOODNESS, this is gorgeous! All of the beautiful details are perfect and those flowers just pop off the card. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Striking card -- the flowers just pop off the page. Wonderful mix of elements and dimension. Superb creation Kristina!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just gorgeous, they look so real!
    Thanks for joining us at The Crazy this week!
    Good Luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow This is amazing! Love the details and the jar..just too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, this is fantastic! I love the background you made, I'll have to check out the tutorial! And the vase, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a totally amazing card, the flowers are gorgeous and the jar is such a clever idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. The barn board is a great background to your country flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What an amazing layered card. I love how you layered the flowers, awesome!!! I just ventured out into my garden, and like you our leaves are changing here in Canada, but I sure had a ton of flowers still in bloom. Fabulous card. Thanks so much for sharing such a fabulous creation with us for our Layer It On Challenge at SSC.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great card & wonderful layout. Love the image. Thanks for playing along at Stamps R Us.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi! I just came across your blog. Love this card especially the acetate on the jar. Do visit me when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  36. THis is gorgeous. The jar looks soooooo real! Beautiful, can't wait to work with you on Sentimental Sundays!
    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete