Translate

Monday, January 24, 2011

My first coasters!

I've been experimenting with some different projects lately, and one of my favourite discoveries has been how easy it is to make coasters!

Here are some I made using floral images from the new Springtime Medley Collection by Heartfelt Creations.



Products Used on This Project
HCPC 3320 Vintage Word Background PreCut Set 
HCPC 3360 Exotic Fuchsia PreCut Set 
HCPC 3361 Semper Augustus Tulips PreCut Set
HCPC 3362 Angel Trumpet Flower PreCut Set 
Obtain glazed 4x4 white tiles from hardware store.  The ones I used here were about 25 cents each at Home Depot.
Stamp images on tissue paper that has been cut to slightly larger size than tiles.  Use black Staz-On ink.  Colour on reverse side using Copics.  Spread Mod Podge over tile using sponge brush.  Carefully layer tissue paper overtop and pat out the bubbles with your fingers.  Allow to dry and then add another layer of Mod Podge.  Allow this to dry and add another layer of Mod Podge.  Do this a few times leaving several hours between layers.  At the end spray with Krylon sealant.  Add foam dots to the bottom so the tiles don't scratch surfaces.

4 comments:

  1. how awesome!!!!

    I love this idea!!!!

    Yours turned out awesomely, what a neat idea for home decor, or a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina these are gorgeous! What a cool technique. The ones I have seen before were stamped directly on the stone. I would have never thought you could use copics with tissue paper without it tearing. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristina, love this idea, sounds like this can be secure for awhile. I did some tile with stazon and baked them in the oven but with the smooth top on the coaster it eventually rubbed off. I'm off for Mod Podge, can't wait to see how they turn out.
    Bernadette in Newfoundland Canada

    ReplyDelete