We have no big family dinners planned, but I am always happy to have an extra day off work....more time to craft!
Today I have a card front to share with you that I made for the swap (this was the first of 10!). This was a challenging swap as I was trying to use all SU products, and on top of that, all SU products that are current, and I am quite happy with what I came up with:
The image is stamped in chocolate chip on vanilla card stock and a panel cut out using the Top Note die. Then I added blue shading using the stamping pastels (I used a circle punch to mask the moon). The ribbon I started off with was vanilla, and then I realized they retired/discontinued that, so I switched to Kraft (which is now renamed something or other, but at least still current). The only real cheat was that I added a dab of red liquid pearls on the tip of the nose of the reindeer--oh well! For the others I used a softer shading of the brown craft ink on the edges, and didn't distress the edges, less work, and I think it actually looks better without the distressing....maybe tomorrow I'll take a photo of a later one, this was my first "prototype" (actually, second, since I discarded the first deciding I didn't like it, sigh!).