Translate

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Technology issues

Well, while I am really good at card making, building a blog needs skills I haven't developed yet!

So let's ignore how the blog looks, and let me show you a card I made recently that I am particulary proud of. It's been sitting on my mantel, and each day I go and look at it. I can't bear the thought of giving it to someone as a gift, but isn't that the point of making cards? To share them and make other people smile? I'm going to have to reconcile myself on this one or it will live a lonely life in my home.

The image is a retired SU one from the set Woodland cottage. I had bought this set a few years ago and never made a successful card with it. After getting some Flowersoft recently, though, it seemed like it might be a good image to play with. First, I coloured it with my copics. Then I added the flowersoft, then realized that there needed a bit more colour, so used a sponge to apply craft ink in green at the bottom and in blue on the sky. The background paper is handmade paper from Costco.

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful card Kristina. Great job and congrats on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete