Translate

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sweet Pea Masterpiece

Another day, another card, LOL!

Today I have a little masterpiece created using a Sweet Pea image from the Paper Jewels storepart of the Ching-Chou Kiuks Sheet #14.  As you can see I'm still in my garden mood :-)


The image is coloured with copics, and since I didn't feel like fussing I cut off a lot of the swirls that are normally part of the image.  The cardstock on the bottom right is Co-ordinations paper that I've sanded down.  

What do you think of the flower?  I was visiting my friend Christine last week and she graciously let me hog her die cutting machine and dies for most of the time and I got to cut out a bunch of these flowers.  They've since been coloured with the Copic Airbrush, spritzed with Peal Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, and then the edges rolled around a wood skewer, before being assembled.  

I've been very grateful to my Mother-in-law since she gave me a huge bunch of assorted buttons, including some absolutely fabulous vintagy ones.  They've been organized and touched and yet I haven't been using them since they are too "precious" {grin}, so today I pulled out one of them to use in the centre of the flower.

Anyway, I was going through my blog and updating the keywords and started reading some old posts, and I have to say some are pretty boring and others pretty interesting...I found my favourite post of my own was last fall, a post about a visit to the farmers market.  I thought I'd ask you to share your favourite post from your blog, if you have one.  If you share a link we can go take a look :-)  



16 comments:

  1. WOW. This is absolutely gorgeous. Love the background, your image is just so delightful, but that flower is SIMPLY AMAZING. I love it. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is stunning! I LOVE the flower, it's amazing!
    I'm not sure what my favourite post from my blog would be as I tend to waffle on about all sorts of rubbish and I can't remember what I wrote half the time!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh wow, this is breathtaking! Love the big flower, so beautifully done - gorgeous! What a beautiful sentiment, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty - and I LOVE your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea to cut out around your image. Great use of that fab vintage button.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, this is phenomenal. Everything is perfection. I especially love your amazing design and your fabulous coloring. Your flower is gorgeous and is the perfect finishing touch! Your creation ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work dear.
    Thanku for ur sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks really wonderfull! Really love the paper flower you used!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful!! I so love the background you created and your choice of colors and gorgeous coloring. The flower is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it really is a masterpiece! great colors and wonderful attention to detail! the big flower is really cool - do you remember what die was it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful job. You did a fantastic job of shading on her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is very pretty, your coloring is awesome and the paper flower is smashing...so sweet..have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!! You made the flower - it's gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous! Wow! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay - the flower is fab! I really have to play some more with it now that you've shown me some of the possibilities. You definately need to get more of those from me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card dear.Thanku HappyCrafter for ur sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh Myyyy, this is such a beautiful image and your coloring is awesome~and that flower is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete