Translate

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Easy night scene

Happy Saturday!  I hope you have all been enjoying a good weekend.

Today hasn't been particularly inky, I just couldn't decide what to work on!  First I dug out all my favourite pretty papers that are too precious to use, and thought about making something with them, and then I went and looked at some new die cuts that I got and haven't used, and then decided I needed to make some boxes to hold my cards and went through the tutorials at SCS.....not the most productive day!  

Anyway, I don't have anything new made today to share....my sample box to hold cards is a bit wonky, and I think I'll scrap this first 'prototype" and just move on to the next one.  I do have a couple of things to share with you though.

First up, I was digging through my blog trying to find a picture of this cute container I had decorated, which I could not find anywhere on my blog, so here it is (again?)...

The flower was stamped using a Heartfelt Creation stamp and cut out using the coordinating die cut.  I added some extra snips with my scissors, shaped it and then layered on top of this container, decorating with flower soft and gala glitz and robins nest due drops.  The base container is from a container of body butter, which i peeled the labels off of and ran through the dishwasher (got to love recycling/repurposing!)

Secondly, here is a card I made recently that hadn't made it up here yet.


I've seen a lot of similar cards to this in the SU gallery and decided to CASE them since I love the peacefulness of the night scene.  The deer was printed using a digi from SU, then I stamped the trees in the background, masked the moon area with a punched circle and airbrushed the rest.  the lovely border is made using one of the A2 card creator dies by Spellbinders.

Wish me luck tomorrow, hopefully I will be more purposeful in my craft room and actually make something LOL!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the flower soft on the first one and the second is so peaceful and serene looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects are beautiful. Like how you recycled the body butter container ----must remember that for later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous container and beautiful flower. Love the scene you created for your card.

    ReplyDelete