Translate

Friday, December 18, 2009

Santa's cookies


This was the first card I made with this die cut.  It is very large and I was worried about wasting so much paper, and then I figured out it was a perfect size for cutting out of the underneath mat (which always bothers me as a waste of paper.  See this is how the back side looked before I adhered it to the white card base:

I'm always happy when I can find a trick to save some cardstock and this just turned out to be so efficient!

This was also my first time using this HM image, and I'm still not really keen on how it came out, it is actually a hard image to colour to figure out just the right colours to use for the cookies and the Santa note.  I will be experimenting more with it!  Despite that, it is such a sweet image, and I do like the finished effect.

And, my question to you today, is, do you leave notes out for Santa?  Do your kids still believe?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the paper saving tip! What a cute card :) And yes we leave notes for Santa and all but one of my kiddos still believe. (Although I suppose I can't really say the baby "believes" in Santa, lol)

    ReplyDelete