Translate

Friday, May 8, 2020

A sunny Friday during social distancing


The week flew by, and Friday is here.  News from the government and health officials is that we are succeeding in flattening the curve so businesses will start to reopen on a staged basis over the next few weeks.

For me, I’ve been enjoying working from home, and I’m a super germ freak at the best of times. Cramming myself in the elevator and sharing tight office space with others is not something I’m keen on, so I’m hoping they don’t make us resume our commutes to the office too soon.

After weeks of waiting, the super hero card kit I’d been waiting on from StampAnniething arrived.  I wish I’d gotten extra of the paper it’s fabulous and with only 24 small sheets I’m afraid to cut in to it 🤦‍♀️.

Here’s the two images I coloured.  First was the blonde, as I am comfortable colouring blonde hair.  After colouring the rest of her though her face and hair were too muted to pair with the bright clothing so I dug our my ancient Spica pens.  I’ve stored them carefully and they still work!  There is a bright yellow sparkly one so I used that to add a bit of extra oomph and definition  to her hair.
The black haired was my first time attempting black hair in many years, and I used some new colouring techniques and super thrilled with it.

The set came with a stencil so I used that rather than cut into the patterned paper to create the background.  It didn’t go so well.  In the end I sprayed it all with Tattered Angels glimmer mist, let it dry, then layered everything on top and it came out ok.


Can’t wait to put a card together with the blonde one this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment