The image is a free digi I got from Phindy's Place group at PCP. As soon as I saw it I thought of the Danish Birthday cakes that my mother and sister in law make for each of our family birthdays. They are wonderful, light and fluffy with whipping cream on top and jam filling, just like I coloured above!
It's a wonderful cake, here's the recipe from my mother in law, who has kindly shared it and says it's ok to post:
- 6 egg----1 cup sugar-----1 tsp.baking powder---1/2 cup potato flower..
- Whip egg yolk with half the sugar till it's fluffy..then mix in baking powder and flour...
- Whip the whites very stiff and mix in the rest of the sugar, whip till the sugar is gone..and mix gently into the egg yolk mixture.
- Divide in 3 round cake pans..9 in. diameter.. Bake in 350 Fahrenheit oven..for 12 - 15 min...
- Turn them onto wax paper sprinkle with sugar and cool ..
- For filling use vanilla mouse..and raspberry jam..
- Decorate with whipping cream..
And to compare, here's a pic of one of these cakes:
A big thanks to my mother in law for the recipe, picture, and of course for making these for us on our birthdays!