Translate

Monday, March 8, 2010

Paper Jewels March inspiration challenge

Here's an interesting challenge from the Paper Jewels blog for you to try your hand at:  select a piece of jewelry from this website:  Gotta Have Bling
and then use that as inspiration for your card.


So first of all, before I show you my card, here is the item I used for inspiration:  



DSC00109.JPG.jpg


It reminds me of a necklace my mother had when I was a child that I particularly liked....the bold colours and the whimsical style combined, that's what I wanted to capture in my card.  And here's the card that resulted:




I wanted it not only to be bold and whimsical, but dreamy too.  What is she thinking about, you wonder when you look at this.  The image is a Bildmalarna one available from Paper Jewels, and coloured in with copics.  The rhinestones are Basic Grey and flowers a gift from Christmas.  The whipping cream on the beverage is fussed up with liquid pearls.


So, what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I think it is wonderful!!Love all the jems..she is probably thinking of what she wants for her birthday!! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured it hands down!! Love your colors, your whipped cream is great. What an adorable little girl!

    ReplyDelete