Translate

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Colour challenge at CDAC and freebie

The countdown to Christmas continues....I hope you are all staying calm and taking the chance to enjoy the festivities!

Here is a card I made using a freebie from MarkerGuru that you can get at CDAC right now as part of a colour challenge.

You must excuse my card, the challenge was for a CHRISTMAS inspired card using pink, beige and blue green, but I didn't know about the Christmas part of the challenge or would have substituted some ornaments instead of hearts LOL!

So this morning I went to my dentist to get a couple of my teeth fixed, it was just a quick fix to keep them from being sensitive, and not covered by my medical plan, and he was so nice--he totally comped the charges and gave me a huge box of chocolates as a Christmas gift.....Wow!!  I have the best dentist.  I want to make a little set of cards for him as a thank you and know that House Mouse has some cute dentist ones so will have to check that out,  I'll let you know how it goes!

Anyway, as an update on the ornament and candle making, I had some setbacks yesterday....this is obviously a learning experience, three trips to Micheals later, and a few discards so far, but I hope to have something to show off for you by Monday :-)

3 comments:

  1. Very cute card-but um, your dentist gave you chocolates??!! Is that to ensure you return? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is one dramatic and stunning mermaid! I love the flowing hair most of all - it looks as if it's moving in the water. GORGEOUS colors and love the little hearts, too :) Are you ready for the holidays? I hope all is well! It snuck up on me this year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your dentist gave you chocolates! Now that is a really good strategy to make sure you keep coming back! Love your beautiful mermaid...now I want to watch "The Little Mermaid". :) Good luck on the ornaments and candles. A few extra trips to Michaels can be dangerously fun though. Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete