Translate

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thinking of sunny skies!

One of the things you might know about me is how much I LOVE vacationing in tropical destinations.  It is my #1 thing I'm willing to spend money on apart from craft stuff...who needs fancy clothes and shoes, give me craft supplies and an annual vacation, and I'm happy LOL!

I saw a card on Marlene's website (Disguised as a Grownup) this week and knew I had to CASE it.  You can find her card at this link:   http://disguisedasagrownup.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-cheer-give-it-up-already.html  Her cards are always fresh and fun, and I think my hubby secretly likes her cards better than mine, so I thought he'd like sending some of these cards off to friends of ours that we travel with.  

Here's my version--I whipped off a bunch of these late at night, so ignore the little oppsies!
The image is a digi from Bonibleaux Designs, and she emailed it to me with a bunch of sentiments super quick after I ordered it, hence the late night card making.  I stuck with this one from Marlene as our tropical vacations are usually to All Inclusive resorts with quite a bit of beverages being consumed, so this sentiment looked just right!

What you may not be able to tell from the photo is what  a hard time I had photographing it!  My super spoiled kitty cat decided he wanted to sit for the photo, and he was not budging.  See the stubborn look in his face here?  I could have moved him, but then I'd feel guilty....much better option to just get a crooked picture :-)
Have a great day, and good luck with getting the last of your xmas cards done and out!

Post edited to add:
Ok, I've had a couple questions about my little guy.  He is a Cornish Rex, which means he is only supposed to have two coats of hair, not the regular three, and it is supposed to be short and curly....but he never had much hair, in fact when we got him he had less that this.  You can't see it but he's covered in short fuzz.  I use alcohol free etc. baby wipes to wipe him down since he gets dirty easy.  Right now he's burried in his nest of blankets on the couch...with so little hair he is cold a lot of the time!

12 comments:

  1. Thats my type fo card! LOVE that image, and the sentiment, they seem very Australian to me! heehee!

    Oh you have a hairless, how cute! are they hard to look after? I suppose less work than my cat, always shedding everywhere! You wouldn't have that problem!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing so hard right now, both at your funny card (Santa's belly bulge is adorable) and the look on your cat's face! Eeek, he looks pretty determined to stay right where he is. I have one of those little stubborn monster's, too! Mine is waaay more fluffy, though. What is this little guy's name? I have the same question as Annmaree above...I'm curious about his breed, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL!! Love that you CASED this card! The image really is a hoot, isn't it?

    And I really must give credit to Boni for coming up with that sentiment, too. :)

    I LOVE YOUR CAT!!! I didn't know you had a Mr. Bigglesworth! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those vacations as well! I so need one right now! LOL
    Very cool card! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE what you did with Santi Beaches! I'm so glad you fell in love him! Looks like he may need some sunscreen on his cute little pink belly and the tequila sunrises he likes so much will make him forget for sure! PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DS is wandering around the house going, "Poor Kitty, he'll be so cold," in the most pitiful voice. It's hilarious!

    That card is just wondrously funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahahahahahahahahhahahah! I can't stop laughing...this card is so funny! Love that sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL....love the sentiment! Is your cat a Devon Rex?

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute card, kristina! but you little guy is even cuter!! i never would have guessed he was a cornish rex!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job coloring Santi Beaches! He's such a fun guy to use and the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card! I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww your cat is adorable, can he wear a sweater to warm him up?! love the cool card!

    ReplyDelete