Translate

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ildico Monthly Challenge

Happy Saturday!  Well, Saturday's are my primary day for crafting, and this morning I woke up thinking about the Ildico monthly card challenge.  It was posted Thursday, and this will be my first chance to play since then.

I usually don't try to follow challenges, since I like to go where the muse takes me, but this week I thought it would be fun to try it out, and I'm thrilled with the result.

The challenge was to make a card using the colours yellow, lilac and cocoa, and I wanted to use one of the new Ildico released images, to celebrate my upcoming role as Guest Designer.  Most of the images are Halloween, which in my mind doesn't go with that colour theme, so I pulled out this cute one called Cuddles Kuma Morning.  I love this image since it represents how I want my days off to start -- get up, grab the paper, grab some tea or coffee, and relax.

I didn't have any suitable greetings handy, so I thought of the words that I would want to use with it, and then typed them in word and printed in a coordinating colour onto the cardstock.  It seems in the photo to be a somewhat plain card, and the reason is that the printed words and image are the focal point and I didn''t want to distract from that message.  I think anyone picking up this card will be busy looking at the drawing and reading the text, and that's what I want.

I'm going to give this card to a friend who's been a bit bogged down with life.  I'm sure she'll love it :-)

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! I love the paper you made, and I agree - it will be a great pick-me-up for your friend. Thanks for playing our challenge!
    ~ky for Ildi Co.
    http://bunnynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, super cute card! I love it :) Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's a plain card. It's just right. Couse that IS the way we want our mornings to be.
    Or better said that's how I like my mornings :)

    ReplyDelete