Translate

Sunday, September 13, 2009

New baby card


Here is one of my Saturday creations :-). This card is for a friend who had a baby boy recently. I wanted to do something a bit out of the ordinary, and was looking through what I have when I came across this free digi I'd downloaded from Dustin Pike. Isn't it adorable?

I really like a lot of his artwork, and especially the bears! I was thrilled yesterday when I came across a two week special he is having on all his older digis - you can get something like 130 digis for $25! Check out the link here

Anyway, back to the card, after colouring the bear and the moon and the star I was trying to figure out what to do--I wanted a night sky, but didn't feel like masking and sponging. Instead I used crystal effects to coat the coloured images and let that dry, since then it would have like a plasticized coating. Then when it was dry I sprayed the Graphite Tattered Angels glimmer mist over it, and then used a paper towel to wipe off of the area with the crystal effects. Then I had to wait for that to dry, and then I built my card. You can see in the below picture how the light reflects off it:



That's it for this morning, I'm going to putter around and get inspiration for some Halloween and Fall cards which I'll be working on in the next couple weeks. Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment