Translate

Monday, September 21, 2009

Swirled glass experiment

This weekend I was inspired by a tutorial I found on Splitcoast stampers to make "swirled glass" as the feature of the card.   You can see my first results experimenting:


It really is a very easy technique.  What you do is take a bit of acetate sheet (overhead transparency) and pour a small amount of crystal effects or other similar product on it.  Then you squeeze a few drops of various re-inkers on it.  Here I used some of my Encore gold refill ink with a couple of regular organgy brown colours.  I swirled the ink around in the crystal effects with a q-tip and let it dry.  Then when it is dry, on the reverse side I stamped the top image with staz on black ink.  I layered this over a piece of white cardstock that I'd stamped some trees on in brown ink.




As you can see in the image, it gives it a lot of depth.  Tattered Angels glimmer mist was used on the background cardstock to give it shimmer, and I accented it with these lovely leaves that were a gift in a recent secret sister swap.

You can find the tutorial by following this link:
Swirled glass instructions

I'd be interested to see what you come up with using this technique :-)

The trees in the Background are from a Gina K set, and the leaves were a gift from a Christmas gift swap.

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous! I will have to try this...once I find some acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The acetate sheets are the overhead sheets that teachers and students use. They sell it at Staples and other school supply/office supply places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina! This is really neat and really pretty! Love the fall colours! Last time I was at my LSS I was going to get one of those glimmer mist bottles but wasn't quite sure how to use it, so thank you for the idea, I think I will get it next time I go in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is beautiful...the leaves give it a nice finish too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kris, this is so nice! I need to unearth my stamps but I dont even have time to do that let alone stamp! Alas, with 4 kids, 3 dogs a book to write and a business to run i fear I have little time...

    ReplyDelete