Translate

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

American Thanksgiving

I've noticed more Thanksgiving cards in my online lurkings, the past few days, and realized that Thanksgiving is coming up in the US.  Here in Canada we had our Thanksgiving in October, but since I know a lot of the folks who visit my blog are from other places, I thought I'd post this in celebration for our Southern Neighbours.



The image is a Precious Moments one which I got in a swap at SCS a while back.  It's coloured with copics.  The Ribbon is old SU ribbon from my stash and I stamped the Chocolate chip paper with chocolate chip ink using a Flannel patterned background stamp.

This is, I think, my favourite Thanksgiving image in my stash.  I think the turkey is cute and the tattered tablecloth etc. remind us to be grateful of what we have and to think on how we can share with others.

One of my college instructors, I remember, taught us that equity is not equality, and sometimes what is fair is to do more for someone else or pitch in a bit more than others and due to your circumstances or situation that balances out to fairness.  It is an interesting concept that bears thinking on.

For those of you celebrating Thanksgiving, have a wonderful day with family and friends and lots of good food :-)

3 comments:

  1. What a perfect card for thanksgiving! Lovely design. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. :) Hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Happy Thanksgiving, you won my Friday giveaway. Please e-mail me your address at sdaly3@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete