Translate

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Batty for you


Once in a while I want to tuck a little "I love you" type card into my husbands gym bag or car as a little surprise, and when I looked at this new bat image from Ildi Co a ton of ideas came to me about what to do with it, and this was one of them.

I usually make small little 2x2 size cards for these little love notes, but this time I thought I'd do a full size.  I started off by printing the words on my printer in red and cutting them out with nesties.  I then used the jpg of this new Halloweenies batty digi stamp, and shrunk it to a small size and pasted a bunch of them to make the background sheet.  Then stretched one out bigger.

I was lazy and didn't want to go down to the freezing cold downstairs where my copics are "conveniently" located (in front of the tv...) so grabbed my watercolour pencil crayons to colour with.  I was disapointed with how the bat came out, but it was still good enough to use, it's just that once you get used to copics nothing else seems as good.

All in all I think this card will make my hubby smile, and that's a pretty important thing :-)

3 comments:

  1. I really like the card, the background and the main image. Great job!! and great blog!! I'll be back to visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a fabulous job =) Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea, making little love notes for you hubby, I bet he likes that! I love how you made the background paper with the image too.

    ReplyDelete