Translate

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Silver Anniversary



My husband rarely has need for a card, but this week he mentioned (at the last minute as usual!) that we had a family dinner to attend to celebrate the 25th wedding anniversary for his sister.

Over to Splitcoast I went to take a peak at what a 25th wedding anniversary card should look like, and there is a whole section in the gallery just for these.  Here's the link if you 'd like to check it out: 25th Wedding Anniversary Gallery

Looking through it, I realized that this is the Silver Anniversary, and that the card should be made up of just white and silver.  So out came my Silver encore pad, silver brads, silver ribbon, and silver cord, and some white paper.  This card only took about a half hour to make, and looks better in person than in the picture!

As I don't keep silver paper on hand, I used the Silver Encore pad to spread ink over the edges of the paper that I used for borders.  Then I let it sit and dry in the sun while I got the rest ready.  I love those Encore pads, they are so versatile and last forever!

I don't have any number stamps, so printed the 25 on my printer, and then stamped the words using a stamp from Micheals with my Silver Encore pad, and then ran the background sheet through the cuttlebug.  The ribbon was a bit trickier since I didn't want a not or a cute bow, so I bent it the way I wanted it and adhered with double sided sticky strip.

Tonight we go for dinner and I'll pass this card on.  I hope my SIL likes it!

8 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card! Wishing I was celebrating my 25th anniversary so you could send me one - LOL!

    Thanks for your kind words on my blog. The person that made these is one of my online stamping friends (we met IRL just last week), so I will check with her if she has instructions and will pass them on if I can.

    Please email me at appleblossomwhiskey@gmail.com and put "Crocheted Flowers" in the subject line so I can remember. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I love just the silver and white. Great tip about inking the borders too, that will some in handy. have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is just lovely. Really perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is gorgeous! A perfect Silver Anniversary card. I bet they adored it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out really pretty! I am sure they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a simple and elegant card. Perfect for a silver anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The student has become the master, my dear :)

    ReplyDelete