Translate

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Shabby chic & a sneak peak!

Todays card was made using the first Sugar Creek Hollow image.  I was thrilled when I saw it, and extra happy since it is so easy to work with.  For the first card using it, I thought the Vintage style would be perfect to combine with this weeks Simon Says challenge, which is Shabby chic.

I decided to keep it really simple, and nice and small--a love note that can be tucked into DH's lunch bag :-)

The fabulous paper is handmade and, would you believe, I got it at Costco (?!)...a few years back.  The whole bundle of papers are so beautiful that I never use them, LOL!, since I want to save them.  Part of my new years resolutions was to use the stuff I had, so I dug it out.  The edges are distressed in line with the "Shabby Chic" theme.

The main image, from  Sugar Creek Hollow, was printed and coloured in with copics.  I then filled the heart area in with Glossy Accents, which is like Crystal Effects only WAY thicker.  On the edges, and spread over all the white areas, to enhance the Vintage and also "Shabby Chic" theme, I used rub on metalic paint from Gina K, in a copper tone to coordinate with the handmade paper.  To finish it off there are Basic Grey rhinestones in the edges of the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Pendant.

Here's another look at it where you can see the metalic rub ons stuff a bit better.


I've got lots of ideas buzzing in my head now of other cards to make with this versatile image, watch for more in the next few weeks :-)

12 comments:

  1. I love that glossy heart! Very cool paper too, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Heart...I like the distressed look on the paper...TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Love the Glossy Accented heart, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful paper and love the glossy heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning Crystal! I love it!
    cheers,
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, so pretty - love the medalion and papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty card :-) i love the heart and the fancy border ,,, lovely :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and DT call :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kris, I love this card! It looks so nice...definitely my style :D

    ReplyDelete