Translate

Monday, January 11, 2010

Thank you and Welcome!

Before getting into today's post, I'd like to thank everyone for their wonderful comments on my last posting during the Blog Hop, and say welcome to all of you who are new to my blog!  I am thrilled to see, having gone to see each of your blogs (for those of you who had left links) that most of you are pretty experienced and/or talented ladies, and the fact that you would take time to comment on my humble work is just thrilling!  I feel like I have to step up my crafting a notch to meet up to your expectations LOL!

Anyway, I wanted to put a post up but haven't got my camera in order (dead battery) and bedtime is approaching, so I'm going to share with you one of my "back up" posts, of a couple cards I made in November.  Newer creations will be posted soon :-)

Moving Day!

It seems there's always someone in our lives, whether a neighbour, colleague, or friend, who is moving - I guess that is the cycle of life, and I like to be prepared.  Here are two cards I made for a swap a while back.  The exciting thing is I only had to come up with ideas for 2 different cards, make a bunch of duplicates, and then get 10 totally different ones for my stash -- yay!

So here's the first one, my favorite of the two.   I liked the crisp feel of it and the warm colours.   

 This is my hubby's favorite of the two, I guess it's a bit more "homey":
 

Both of them used the same technique of creating a window and then sponging the background (and if I did them today I could use my Airgun! wonder how that would look?  Will have to try!).  On to the surface of that I then stamped the image without colouring it.  The images are both from the same retired SU set called Right at Home.

So I'm interested, which is your favorite, and why?

3 comments:

  1. Hi there. I love your cards and how you have done your images. Your colour combinations are pretty too, so delicate.
    Have a lovely day.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both your cards, but I'd have to say the first one wins by a nose. I *think* it's the deeper sponging on the circular mask, but I can't pin it down for sure, LOL! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are terrific. I like how you did the sponged reverse masking on both to keep them simple but still add interest. These are images I would have been tempted to color in and spend way too much time on.

    ReplyDelete