Translate

Saturday, January 16, 2010

To the Beach!

At this time of year lots of folks are heading on vacations to sunny destinations....Mexico, the Caribbean...so many great places to visit!  While I sit here staring at grey skies and unending rain, it picks me up a bit to think of the sun, sand and surf, so today I decided to play with this great image by Ildi Co, called Cuddles Kuma at the Beach.


And here's the final product:

There's no sentiment at the moment, but I left the top right hand corner empty so one can be added on there, once I decide who to give this to :-)

The background was made with the Copic air brush system, using just three colours--light blue for the sky, beige for the sand, and a darker blue just at the ocean line.  It's getting easier to create with this toy!  The main image is coloured with copics as usual.  The sea shell was created with a spellbinders die.

So what do you think, is this making you smile thinking of the beach?

5 comments:

  1. Cute card Kristina! I wish I was heading somewhere warm & tropical :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to wish I was going some where warm ..I really should not complain our weather has been really nice..Our snow is even melting..Your card is awesome..great job on the airbrush!!! Its alot of fun hey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely. Great idea thinking of warmer days, its miserable here too.
    Happy Crafting.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful! I love how you made the background behind Cuddles match the background of the card, very cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the effects you've been getting with the airbrush system. It makes such a soft, elegant background. Very tropical.

    ReplyDelete